One point down, 14 to go!

We went to the Muncie shows for the first time this past weekend. He took WD, BOW on Thursday, but since all the other regulars pulled, we had no competition which equals no points. Saturday he took RWD to Betty's cutey Duffy. Sunday, after a VERY early morning start, we found a judge that apparently liked us enough. She gave Rhys WD and then when we went back in, BOW at the Anderson Kennel Club show.
I'm not sure how I feel about this. One on hand, I'm horribly glad to get that first point over with. I've been starting to worry that it would never happen and have been stressing over whether it ever would. By Saturday afternoon, it was getting pretty bad. ;) On the other hand, I have decided I do not particularly care for winning over a friend. It just doesn't seem right when you are going up against someone you respect and is just as deserving as you are. Both dogs obviously have their own (yet different) advantages but also their own respective disadvantages. Maybe this will get better with time, or at least a bigger show where there is more competition.
What was proved to me this weekend quite clearly is that some judges like smaller dogs while another will like bigger dogs. Funny that it should come down to something like that, but whatever. It has always cracked me up that something so clearly written as the "standard" can be interpreted in innumerable ways. Guess that means that I'm going to have to be very diligent about keeping track of who likes what and show my dog to those that would appreciate him the most. Anyways, a big YIPPEE that the first is done. I'm hoping someone will tell me the first is the hardest but I'm thinking that is so not going to happen. ;)