Flying Liver & a Birthday!

Yesterday was Rhys' Second Birthday. I can't believe that two years have gone by so fast for the little man. It's kind of a surprise to me. He still seems like such a baby, though stuffed in to a "big boy" body. I think he will always have a little bit of the puppy look about him, just due to the structure of his face, which I love. Not to mention his goofy personality matches that puppy face. ;)
To explain the flying liver part, yesterday night I was getting the dogs dinner ready and had liver pieces cut up in a plasticware container. Well, some how I knocked the container off the counter and it landed on the floor. Luckily, it landed right side up so no liver escaped. However, there was a significant amount of "liver juice" in the bottom of the container--ya know, how meat when it thaws out expresses juices? So with a good splat on the floor, liver juice went flying all around the kitchen, coating the dishwasher, cabinets, floor and some of the wall. I was quite impressed by how far it flew, to be frank. Anyways, after the initial shock of something whizzing past his face, Rhys looked around, kind of gave a shrug, and said "well, time to get to work" and "helped" me clean up. Riley, on the other hand, was completely disgusted and would have nothing to do with it. Liver has a rather. . .distinct smell, so I made sure to clean it up quickly & thoroughly. However, this incident provided some amount of amusement for the Rhysey-kins.

1 comments:

Deb said...

We have had a similar thing happen with me sticking a knife in a half thawed 10 pound tube of Bravo. It's amazing how far chicken juice can spray. Connor's always there to clean up and often gets sprayed across the head with juice only to have Page clean HIM up!