DCAA wrap up

Well, I took Riley down to Kentucky for a weekend of trialing at a new facility. Much better than when they hosted this same trial before. . .outside. . .in Southern Indiana. . .in late May = way too hot and too long of a drive for that crap. ;) Anyways, indoor on astroturf was really nice.

Saturday were some good runs. Standard was clean and working really nicely until I didn't think she was committing to a tunnel very well. Riley is like the only terrier I know who doesn't really like to go to the tunnel. Who would have thought? So when she did go in, I said "Good job". Well, apparently, she was like "Oh really? Did I do a good job?" and popped right back out of the entrance to check and make sure that she was doing good. Dang it! Why can't I keep my mouth shut sometimes? So that was our only problem with that run. . .a stupid handler. We finally broke our streak of NQs in JWW with a Q on Saturday. Pshew! That one had really been annoying me so I'm glad we worked that out. Only 3 more Q's till MXJ. . .oddly, that title is coming so much slower than the MX. . .who'd have thunk it?
Sunday was a of a different story. I've noticed that very very rarely can Riley string two good days together. I think it's the excitement of the trial that puts her over the top. . .she knows what's happening the second day and builds up all this anticipation before she goes in. So anyways, in a freakish thing, she broke her start line in Standard, which I knew was going to happen as soon as I left cause duh, another handler error. . .didn't enforce it when I knew she was gonna blow it. So she jumped the first jump and then decided to blow off the a-frame. . .an odd occurence to be sure. Think she was just too excited. . .she just likes to flat out run & screw those things that get in her way. So then I was all flustered cause couldn't believe that just happened and ended up taking a pin-wheel twice. . .hey, it looked like a good idea at the time. ;) JWW was again not successful. She pulled around a jump and then botched her weaves.
Oh well. Another weekend to give it a try this weekend. Just hope it's not too hot (or monsoon-y like it was last year).

0 comments: