Live Update #2 from ACI

To finish up yesterday's report, Rhys did well. . .that is, up till we got to the A-frame. He didn't get very high up it and then kind of gave up. I ended up giving him a boost over. I figured it was better to have him complete it successfully and get whistled off then have him figure out that he could back off of it. He had a good time so that was fun. After waiting like 7 hours, his steam was running pretty low so it didn't surprise me.
Today, Rhys got another jumpers leg. He did a nice job. Didn't take time to stop and look at the crowd like yesterday, so he was only 3 seconds over time. I thought that was pretty nice. So that's leg number two. Crossing my fingers, we'll get that final leg next month and it would make him a Versatile Dog with the parent club. Then we can go back and work some more on the basics (i.e. weaves). I rushed him a bit on this, so most of the stuff is my fault for putting him in those situations without the confidence to complete them as accurately as they could be. But he's done quite well considering. Especially an improvement since last weekend too.
Riley. . .(sigh). Enough said. We just came off the standard course. Every thing was pretty good. She was a bit slow but that's kind of to be expected on the third day of a three day trial. Can't fault her for that. The only, teeny tiny little bobble in the whole course was a missed weave entrance. But that's enough to do us in. Sucks. I even went out of my way to give her an on-side entrance and she still didn't take it. Oh well. Another chance in jumpers coming up. It's gonna be pretty sad if we go 4 trials in a row with only 1 Q in a run. That sucks. As Karen said to me, we think she's doing it on purpose, just to irritate me. ;)

1 comments:

lilmack3562 said...

Go Rhys! Congrats!