Happy Birthday Riley!

Wow! I can't believe it but Riley turned 4 on Friday! How time has flown!

It's kind of insane to me how much has changed for both of us since she came in to my life. Before her, I had no idea what dog agility, rally, tracking, earthdog (or actually any dog event) was at all, let alone know how to play the game (and sometimes be successful at it). She's opened more doors for me than I ever imagined. I got her just wanting a cute little pet, some one to provide that never-ending loyalty and compaionship that only a dog can provide. Little did I know what else she would teach me. She is, as they call it, my "teaching dog". Unfortunately, I wish I could be the type of trainer and companion that she needs. . .I've always said that my learning curve is just to long for her. Bless her heart, she has this never ending patience for me that I just can't explain. I find her watching me all the time, just waiting for me. . .to do, I don't know what and I don't know if it really matters to her. She just seems to be waiting for the next pet or scratch or toy throw. . .just the tiniest bit of attention.

Anyways, I'm just so proud of her. Every day I'm thankful for the time we've spent together and also for the time yet to come! Happy Birthday Winkie!

2 comments:

lilmack3562 said...

Happy birthday Riley! I can't believe she and Ripken are the same age!!! When was her birthday exactly? You don't have dates on your posts! It was great spending time with you and the hounds last weekend. Friends made the weekend less frustrating and very enjoyable! :cP

Lysiane said...

Hey Hol-
Yup, Rip and Riley are only a few weeks apart, I believe. Her birthday is May 29. Isn't his in June, off the top of my head? I can't believe they are 4 already! Yeah, it was sure good to see you again at Hoosier. I wish we could spend more time like that. ;)